The Outpost Family Resource Center opened Summer 2023 as a “one-stop shop” for Heard County families in need of resources and support. The Outpost is staffed by a Resource Navigator who is ready to help connect families to local and regional providers who can support them. The Center, located at 1191 Franklin Parkway, is also occupied by Community Action for Improvement–LIHEAP program, the HEARD Division of the Pregnancy Resource Center, and the Heard County Food Pantry.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Tuesdays 1:00 to 6:00 p.m.
Thursdays 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Fridays 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
(Food pantry distribution hours)
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Mary Jones, Resource Navigator
To empower our community to craft local solutions based on local decisions, we have access to the latest research and information about best practices for collaborating and improving the well-being of children and families.
- Download our complete Resource Directory for Heard County here.
- Dive into state and local level policies that affect Georgia’s communities.
- Check out the Evaluation Snapshot series of research summaries that will help as we plan, implement, and account for effects of our strategies on outcomes for children and families.
- Gain insight into a wide array of community and lifestyle characteristics that affect rural health outcomes.
- View or download annual reports as well as compendiums regarding topics like building the path to reading proficiency and addressing low birthweight in Georgia.
- Check out the Georgia Civic Health Index, which seeks to answer the question: “How do Georgians participate in civic life and what does it mean for Georgia?”